Beautiful skin starts with healthy skin. It may seem obvious, but it is not uncommon for people who go to beauty salons looking for reduce your wrinkles without first treating your acne, or blemishes, or other common skin problems.
To achieve healthy skin that brings out all its splendor even before applying any anti-spot, anti-acne, anti-grease treatment, etc., it is necessary that you carry out good facial hygiene, that hydrates the skin and eliminates impurities. “ Without a correct cleaning of the skin, we will not achieve an optimal assimilation of cosmetics that treat every possible skin problem, and therefore we will not obtain the same results”, assures Sonia, an aesthetic specialist at Beauty Nail Concept, with more than 15 years of experience.
Step by step facial hygiene
- Cleaning: It is very important to remove make-up from our face and neck correctly with a purifying cleansing product and a cotton pad, even if we do not wear make-up. We must do it gently, without too fast or aggressive movements, taking the necessary time, insisting on the areas where more debris usually accumulates, such as the folds of the nose or the line of the eyelashes. You are done when the cleaning discs come out completely clean.
- Exfoliation: once or twice a week, depending on our skin type, we can remove dead cells to make way for new ones with an exfoliator. To do it well, you have to do a gentle massage in small circles all over the face and neck, insisting on the areas where the greatest amount of dead cells accumulate, such as the folds of the nose between the lip and the chin. You have to avoid the eyes.
- Extraction of comedones or blackheads: it should only be done if strictly necessary, so it is recommended that this part be done by your specialist when you have an appointment at the beauty center to do your periodic maintenance, so as not to leave marks. However, if you have to, be sure to cover your fingertips with a clean tissue or cotton. It is advisable to apply hot wet towels for about 30 seconds before extraction to dilate the pore. After this step, a soothing massage will be applied to your center to prepare the skin for the mask.
- Face mask: They are the food of the skin, they keep it smooth and hydrated. It is the key step of a good facial hygiene, since for many expensive components that a facial product has, your skin will continue the same if it is dehydrated. Apply a suitable mask on your face, with the advice of your beautician, and leave it for the appropriate time.
- Hydration: it is the last step, but it is very important. Your beautician will recommend which day and night cream to use, according to the needs of your skin, to maintain your facial treatment. For oily skin, a clay mask is probably necessary, while for dry skin, a moisturizer or gel mask is usually suitable. The day cream must have sun protection, or you must use it separately. The night cream usually has more active ingredients, which act during the night.
Products for facial hygiene
Facial hygiene is something that we can and should carry out at home, consistently. Sonia explains that "the ideal would be to do it in the morning and at night, for the correct assimilation of the day cream with sun protection and the night cream with the treatment that we need at that moment".
However, before getting lost on the internet in search of creams, it is important to seek advice from a qualified professional. "There are people who come to our center complaining that very expensive products do not work for them, and it is generally because they are guided by the opinions of the Internet and despite using a good product, they are not using the right one for their skin type," he clarifies. sonia. And not only that: sometimes it is not necessary to exfoliate your skin or put on a mask every day, for example, or you have to introduce a specific product to enhance the effect of another. Therefore, starting any facial hygiene routine with a skin diagnosis in your beauty center is essential. “ Letting us advise and carrying out maintenance saves money in products that are not working for us and we will achieve a better result on the skin," he adds.
A skin is not only "oily skin", "dry skin" or "mixed skin". Perhaps you have a tendency to spots, or pimples, or dehydration. Blemish skin does not require the same facial cleanser, exfoliator or cream in your facial hygiene routine as blemished skin, regardless of the specific treatment applied afterwards. If used an inappropriate product , can not only reduce the effectiveness of the treatment result, but even it can worsen the condition of the skin .
Your aesthetic specialist will recommend which products to use for each of the facial hygiene steps depending on your skin and each specific moment, since it does not always present the same problems. For example, in summer you will be more prone to dehydration or stains, while in winter other external agents such as cold or dryness can jeopardize your natural balance. That, without counting specific problems such as a period of stress or poor nutrition, which also require diagnosis and specific care.
The Esthederm ranges
The products that you use for your daily facial hygiene must be in line with the treatment that you are carrying out in the cabin at your center and maintaining at home. Institut Esthederm has cleansing products, masks, day and night creams, serums and sunscreens to follow each skin treatment, making it develop mechanisms to mitigate external agents such as sun, pollution, bacteria, dust, cold, dryness, etc., more than an insulating barrier. In this way, it enhances the skin's ability to adapt to its environment to prevent dehydration, excessive oiliness, spots, pimples, etc.
It is recommended to carry out a facial diagnosis at least once every two months at your beauty center (once a month if your problem is excess oil on the skin) to follow up. Thanks to this diagnosis, you will know if it is convenient for you to maintain the same treatment or change it, and your beautician will advise you on what routine to follow at home and what products you need.
For example, if you are following a treatment to prevent blemishes, he will recommend using Esthederm's clarifying cleanser, or if you have acne, he will advise you to use Esthederm's purity cleansing mousse, for example. For afterwards, he will probably recommend using a nourishing mask if you are following an anti-fatigue treatment or a Derm-Repair serum if you are treating wrinkles. Finally, it will tell you which cream you should use daily, with a sun protection factor.